martes, 13 de mayo de 2014

A DREAM FULFILLED

The end of my junior year was getting closer and closer. Everyone seemed to be exhausted yet excited about going to the junior/senior banquet. I must admit that this wasn't my case at all. The end of my junior year started to approach and I was planning something big; something that would change my life for good.

When the opportunity knocked on the door, I didn't hesitate. And I took it as if my life depended on it. My aunt was going to England and I had to go with her.

"This is the opportunity I've been waiting for my entire life. Am I going to let it go so easily?" I asked to myself.

Time reached me faster than I expected. And I had some insignificant hours left to see my dream take place. I must admit that one of the hardest things that I've ever done was to try to convince both of my parents to let me go on this trip all by myself. I was underage and I knew that this was going to signify a problem.

"Am I going to let my age be the obstacle between me and my future? I don't think so," I said to myself as I looked at my own image reflected on a mirror.

With a stubborn attitude, I began to fill out all the formal forms that needed to be filled. And when my parents agreed to let me make this journey, everything became so much easier. In that moment, I knew that I didn't only have God's approval and blessing but my parent's as well. I couldn't be happier, that is for sure. I knew that this journey was going to be the steps that were going to take me to another level in my life; steps that would provide me with freedom and open my eyes to reality.

I got a package from the UK Embassy located in Bogota, Colombia a month before the ending of the school year prior to my senior one. To be completely honest with you, I didn't know what to expect. I started to break all the seals I found. I had never felt so nervous before. Until... I came across a letter. My whole life changed since that precise moment. I knew that I was going to experience things that I had never experienced before; experiences that I wouldn't trade for anything else in this world.

7 comentarios:

  1. I liked your story! It was cool when you had does inner thoughts in mind. It seems you are the kind of person who follows your dreams!

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'd say that I'm the kind of person who follows their dreams and fights for them until seeing them fulfilled. Glad you got that and for you comment. I really appreciate that you noticed the inner thoughts. Those came from the deepest of my mind.

      Borrar
  2. I Like how you used "Show don't Tell" to describe what was happening. It was like I could feel what you were feeling. Best part is that it leaves me wanting more!

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! I am glad you understood what I personally wanted to transmit. And I think it's really cool that I left you wanting more. I really appreciate that. I'll continue writing this story and hopefully I'll cause the same impact in your life w/ my second one as well.

      Borrar
    2. I agree; you could cut the tension with a knife.

      Borrar
  3. Sounds like a life-changing trip! Do you think you'll go back?

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Hopefully, I will! Going to England by myself was definitely the best experience I've ever lived. And I hope to have more life-changing trips just like that one in the near future.

      Borrar